Consulting and support
ENOTRAC engineers have extensive knowledge of current rolling stock technologies. They are also well acquainted with the complexities of the railway environment. They know the technical and operational requirements for rolling stock and its subsystems. Thanks to this, ENOTRAC is capable of providing professional consultancy services to railway operators and manufacturers alike. Previously, ENOTRAC engineers have, among other things, successfully completed the following contracts:
- zb Zentralbahn (Switzerland): Second opinion regarding cost estimate for upcoming mid-life refurbishment of SPATZ vehicles.
- SZU Sihltal Zürich Uetliberg Bahn (Switzerland): Market analysis for procurement of new rolling stock, taking into account challenging passenger flow.
- StadlerRail AG (Switzerland): Feasibility study for “mixed” multiple unit control of two different types of trainsets, of which one is in operation and one is being procured.
- Selectron AG (Switzerland): Elaboration of a comprehensive Train Control and Monitoring System (TCMS) applicable for a wide range of rolling stock, based on modern proven hardware.
- FACTO AG (Switzerland): Analysis of fire behavior of materials and components used on Jungfrau Bahn regarding conformity to fire safety standard EN45545.
- Israel Railways (Israel): Technical and operations concepts to detect, manage and extinguish fire on board a train.
- RhB Rhätische Bahn (Switzerland): Safety related evaluation of doors on existing passenger coaches.
- ASm Aare seeland mobil AG (Switzerland): Expert review of the obsolescence problem of a 20 year old control generation technology.
- SZU Sihltal Zürich Uetliberg Bahn (Switzerland): Creating concepts for the new train control system, in line with the introduction of new double deck wagons and the retrofit of newly acquired control cab coaches.
- Israel Railways (Israel): Development of a new fleet strategy with respect to the extension and electrification of the Israeli railway network including the existing rolling stock fleet.
- RhB Rhätische Bahn (Switzerland): Reviewing the infrastructure for rolling stock maintenance and developing the requirement specifications as a basis for new acquisitions.
- CSR Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Company (China): Consultancy and engineering services associated with the construction of new metro rolling stock that includes a train and vehicle control system made by Selectron and traction equipment from ABB.
- zb Zentralbahn (Switzerland): Development of new rolling stock and operation concepts with regard to the implementation of new timetables and the procurement of new rolling stock.
- RhB Rhätische Bahn (Switzerland): Development of guidelines for the earthing in rolling stock, which is to be used in service centres and the workshop.